Hi, thanks for dropping by, I hope you enjoy your visit. There isn't much to read or see at the moment because I have only just started delving into Blogland - a whole new world to me. Please leave a message and I can toddle over to your blog for inspiration. I am really looking forward to making lots of friends.

Wednesday 7 January 2009

Dotty about the PTW







Hi everyone, thanks for dropping by. I finished my Papertake Weekly Challenge card yesterday by which time it was too dark to take the piccies, so I took them this morning. As a photographer, I make a good window cleaner!!! I'm afraid the first one is out of focus slightly but it shows how the card looks when fully closed. The papers and sentiment are from the fabulous new papers by Pretty Petticoat and the gorgeous doggy image I found whilst blog hopping, designed by Sally-Ann and her blogspot is: http://www.Lovetodoodle.blogspot.com/ she is a very talented young lady with some fab images and well worth a visit. I used black gems as spots on the dog and have a funny story to tell you about the Cricut shape of a dog face on the inside of the card which is there to write the greeting on. After I had placed it on the card (before giving him any eyes) I started to wonder if it was obvious what he was, so what do us girls do in a situation like that - we show it to the other half and thats were I made my first mistake, "Sweetheart, can you tell me what the shape is on the inside of this card?" to which the reply was "Yep, its a woollen sweater"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well its my own fault, I shouldnt have asked and those of you who read my post about the card and 16 shaving mirrors will know that when youre looking for some artistic input, my Ken is not the one to ask - hey ho. I do waffle dont I, so I'll go now, if any of you are in agreement with "My Ken" let me know and I'll have to admit the mistake and swap it for something else - did I say I was going now? - sorry, bye. xxx

4 comments:

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Awww...thanks Jennie - This is such a stunning card - love the gems and monochrome papers...(I have these too).

I did chuckle at your little story....men huh! ....having said that, try drawing a little smiley mouth on in pencil and see how it looks before you do it in pen....and a little nose perhaps...Mmmmm...you'll know when it's right... and passes the hubby test! xx (looks fab as it is amyway)

Chris said...

Stunning card Jen black and white is one of my favourite things to use and always looks so classy. I love how you decorated the inside of the card too and I didn't think the inside was a woolly jumper... Men!! but he can be excused cos you made me howl with laughter :D
hugs
Chris xx

Anonymous said...

I love your card Jen..very classy!!!
Oh Men!!!thats just typical!!!
No it dosent look like a wooly jumper!!!!lol..Oh I had to have giggle...Your fab I say!!!lol...:)

Karen said...

hahahaha you do make me chuckle Jen!!! I love this card, the little dog is so cute X

Followers