Hi, thanks for dropping by, I hope you enjoy your visit. There isn't much to read or see at the moment because I have only just started delving into Blogland - a whole new world to me. Please leave a message and I can toddle over to your blog for inspiration. I am really looking forward to making lots of friends.

Friday 9 January 2009

Better in real life (but only just)




Time, yet again, to make excuses for my latest "creation"!!!looking like its been to every Christmas and New Year party in town. I made it for the Two sketches for you challenge and sitting with it here in front of me while I type, I think it looks quite good, well perhaps not bad, or maybe ok would be more appropriate, but the fact is the piccies have come out *r*p. I have read of so many of you having the same problem and cant wait for "daylight" to come back into my life, so I've binned all the piccies I took and will have again tomorrow morning, whats that saying about "a poor workman ............."?

So back to the card, I have used a dl size card with a strip cut off the front piece and Funky Hand papers. I used my Cricut machine to cut the hearts out and the row of gold edged hearts have been decoupaged on foam pads (which wouldnt have shown up even if David Bailey had taken it) the heart "half on" the inside of the card means it would need a C5 envelope but - what the heck, hang the expense, and I have used the negative remains of the hearts for the back of the card. So thats it -a very simple card - so why did it take so long to explain - hey ho (hope you like it).

PS. Did the piccies again this morning, STILL not happy, but I need to move on (before I miss the deadline). Jen x

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen..Your card is `fab`...Couldnt aggree more..cant wait for the lighter nights and days !!!
and a bit of sun would be nice to...
Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)~X~

Unknown said...

Jen your card is beautiful and super striking with those delicious hearts! We only have our awesome participants to thank for our numbers so...
Thank you :)
K

Mrs J said...

Jen, your card looks gorgeous! Love the colour combo and the rows of hearts, like Kazan says, are so striking!
Roll on spring!
Sarah x

Krista B. said...

Beautiful card Jen - Love all the hearts : )

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! So bold and graphic!

Sue said...

beautiful cards, very striking, agree with you on the daylight, sue.x

Chris said...

Jen your card is stunning hun but I know what you mean about the light... sometimes I take masses of pics just to get one right now and it drives me NUTS.
So if you get some sunshine before I do... send some winging my way eh :D
hugs
Chris xx

Karen said...

These dark wintery days are a right bummer aren't they but I can still see that your card is lovely X

Anonymous said...

Just popped over to say `Hi` Jen hope your well `sweetie`:)~X~

Caroline and Jayne said...

Beautiful cards xxxx
We have a competition running at the moment where the prize is a years free subscription to a craft magazine of your choice
come check out www.fiskarettes.co.uk
Jayne xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn..WoW its been forever since I popped by!!!!!
I hope your ok:)
`happy Easter`.....
Terrie B:)xxx

Caroline and Jayne said...

A lovely project xxx
thankyou for sharing x

Followers