Hi, thanks for dropping by, I hope you enjoy your visit. There isn't much to read or see at the moment because I have only just started delving into Blogland - a whole new world to me. Please leave a message and I can toddle over to your blog for inspiration. I am really looking forward to making lots of friends.

Sunday 7 December 2008

Daring Cardmakers


















This is an amended post because, while I was trying to "build" my blog, I lost the text of this post, silly silly me. As soon as I read the challenge I decided what I would do. I have taken the inspiration from the mirror, flower and curtains in my living room. When I first bought the mirror my husband Ken hated it and called it "Sixteen shaving mirrors" making it sound like something that should have been in the Tate, not our living room. As time went by and friends and family ALL said how much they liked it, Ken's opinion started to change (aren't men fickle). I'm not sure the card works as a sellable item, with hindsight (a wonderful thing as we all know) it might have been better to use buttons or flower embellishments instead of the mirri card, but thats the way it turned out - onward and upward to the next challenge, I could really get addicted to these challenges. Hope you all liked my first attempt, I'm looking forward to making a lot of friends and getting a lot of inspiration from you all.
I look forward to your comments.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great idea for a card design.
I love your mirror(s) too - but I know my hubby would feel the same as your Ken did!

no taste, that's their problem! lol

Lythan said...

I love that card - it is so mod and funky! I did smile at your husbands comments!

Kristen H said...

This is really fun card. It is real retro looking. Good idea.

Angelnorth said...

Great card from your inspiration piece! Love the funky look to this. Welcome to blogland, too! If you get out and about with a few challenges and drop by on other people's blogs, they'll soon find you :o)

Karen said...

Awe, I really like this one! Brilliant idea to look at mirrors X

Canne said...

I love it (the card) and your mirror! "shaving mirrors indeed!"

Kimberley said...

Well done to a fellow Pink Petticoat devotee!

Jo said...

Your card is fantastic, the little mirrors look fab!

Followers